Logo
© 2012 . All rights reserved.

ELEMENT MOBILE :: 2011 Ad Campaign – AAF ADDY Awards

045

Late last year Spark Advertising brought me onboard to shoot an advertising campaign for Element Mobile, a Wisconsin-based cellular service provider. It was cool to work with both an ad agency and a company that didn’t turn to using stock photos as a means to an end. Element Mobile saw the value in having custom images shot for their marketing materials, featuring locations throughout central Wisconsin within their coverage area. I think it great to see a company such as Element implementing that unique, personalized touch in their advertising.

I’m extremely proud of this project, as last night we won a Gold AAF ADDY Award for the campaign and was delightfully surprised by winning one of three final ADDY Judge’s Choice Awards for our work with Element Mobile. Below is the video that ran at the ceremony before accepting the Judge’s Choice Award, presented by Kathy Hoskins, the Creative Director for the Bright Ideas Group.

2011 Fox River Addys Judge’s Choice # 3 from 44beyondfilm on Vimeo.

The shoot itself spanned several days and we all had blast working together! We encountered some shifty Midwestern weather along the way, but ended up with some exciting material after it was all said and done. Below are some of my final images that will be implemented the into Element’s 2011 print campaign.

Behind The Scenes:

Melanie, Trevor and I with Matt from Spark Advertising and Shana from Element Mobile after the awards ceremony:

14 Comments

1. Robert Olson
    Posted 1 Mar ’12 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

You guy’s have done some AWESOME work! Dave it has been a pleasure watching your work as well as your network grow how great it is!

2. Posted 1 Mar ’12 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

yeah man… dig it!

3. Posted 1 Mar ’12 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

a little MTB and ATV action at Nordic Mountain, eh?

4. Posted 1 Mar ’12 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Much deserved. Congrats!!

5. Lizter Van Orman
    Posted 1 Mar ’12 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! Your work never cease to amaze me and inspiring as always.

6. Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 6:45 am | Permalink

ha ha – I am loving the goose one…. for some reason, I think he is trying to hunt goose with the dog and they are all behind him laughing… :)

7. Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Congrats again and thanks for the kind words. Well deserved as they turned out awesome.

8. Amy
    Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Congrats! Glad to see you and Spark doing great work! You know… I was the art director at Spark (the ReiterThomas) way back when… it was always a struggle to convince clients to use anything other than stock.

9. Melanie
    Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 10:22 am | Permalink

So proud of you and the work you do! I am excited to be a part of it! :)

10. Jerry
    Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 10:38 am | Permalink

David,
    Congratulations also from Element. I hope you enjoyed working with my fine team on this project. Your work deserves an award, some of these are just simply breathtaking. Many of the pictures looked like works of art. You should be very proud of your work on this project, we are proud to use them for our marketing, We are also trilled to display the beauty of our rural Wisconsin. Great job! Thank you.

11. Ricky
    Posted 2 Mar ’12 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Congrats! Your work is phenomenal. I wouldn’t be surprised if you did the next Nike ads..

12. Posted 3 Mar ’12 at 12:56 am | Permalink

wonderful!! congrats!!
    your works are great as usual and inspiring!!

13. Posted 3 Mar ’12 at 12:59 am | Permalink

Dave…Absolutely killer series of images! Seriously…I’ve come back to them several times…love them! Favourites have to be the guy with his gun dog and the fisherman casting.

Thanks for sharing!
    All the best to you,
    Glyn

14. Posted 5 Mar ’12 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Congratulations. Really nice work. I also enjoy the “behind the scenes” photos. Thanks for sharing.