Logo
© 2014 . All rights reserved.

2014 BLOG FEATURES :: We Want Viewer Input!

BVtempheader

As we move into the New Year we all make resolutions and goals to better ourselves or our businesses. One of the goals we specifically wanted to work on this year was blogging more frequently. We’ve realized that the blog deserves some more of our love and eager attention. To do this and to make it interesting for you, the reader, we’ve decided to ask for your input.

Do you have any topics you’d like us to discuss or questions you’d like answered? Whether it’s about photos, videos, gear or maybe the music we’re listening to? Maybe you’re wondering what Adam’s wearing today (blue plaid button down, jeans and a stocking cap) or what our latest and greatest successful (or complete failure) d.i.y. piece of equipment is and how we built it. With that, you can help guide what we discuss and write about in the future.

So how can you help? Write your questions, general topics or random thoughts into the comments section of this blog post. We will gather all of your thoughts and gradually begin to chip away at them over the next several weeks and months ahead.

We look forward to seeing what you can all come up with!

Cheers!
Trevor

See more of Dave’s work at www.davidejackson.com

13 Comments

1. Posted 10 Jan ’14 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

more dave’s tip of the week. nothing else is needed

2. Posted 10 Jan ’14 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

1. I agree with that guy^^ more tip of the week
    2. When I came out for your workshop, I couldn’t help but think how all of you would make a great reality show about a photography studio. BTS show of your shoots and shenanigans would be awesome.
    3. Topics on the business end of commercial photography.

That’s all I got. Thanks

• Posted 13 Jan ’14 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Rych, Do you have any specific business topics you’re looking for?

• Posted 14 Jan ’14 at 7:49 am | Permalink

How about a start to finish post about the whole process.
      Getting the client….marketing, advertising, cold calling, your representation through Wonderful Machine.
      Dealing with the client….Invoicing, scheduling, delivering images.
      Wrapping up…contracts, licensing, following up

3. Posted 11 Jan ’14 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Hey Dave, after getting to know you a bit before Inspire, I think the thing I’d love to know is your thought process going into a shoot. The SWAT team shoot was over the top. Did you have all your shots conceptualized beforehand?

4. John
    Posted 13 Jan ’14 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

I’d like to see some of your workflow process discussed. Things like file management from camera to client sort of thing.

5. Posted 14 Jan ’14 at 8:16 am | Permalink

These are all great guys! And yes, Jason… we’re working on it dude! HA!

We’re in the process of formulating posts for the next month or two and will tackle some of these questions for you!

Cheers,
    ~dave

6. Matt
    Posted 18 Jan ’14 at 7:43 am | Permalink

Would love to see a studio tour video. Saw your blog post when you were doing the build out and have been interested to see it completed and in all it’s glory.

MD

7. Matt
    Posted 18 Jan ’14 at 7:49 am | Permalink

I second the thoughts behind some of your shoots. I am soooooo bored of reading blogs of late taking about how wonderful the camera or lens they have is, but I struggle to find photographers who talk about their mindsets behind a shoot. What went right and what went wrong, what you learnt and will take away and into the next shoot. That would be really interesting.

8. Matt
    Posted 20 Jan ’14 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I have been following your blog for a few years now and have seen you and your work really grow and develop. It would be cool to hear some words from you about hustling and the hard work and graft you’ve put in to get to where you are. I don’t work as a photographer, happy to keep it as a passion, but I think it is always interesting and a help to aspiring professionals to understand what it takes to make it in the trenches.

MD

9. Posted 20 Jan ’14 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

A DVD workshop would be great, i’m from down under so it makes it hard too see your workshops in action.

10. Posted 4 Feb ’14 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

I have noticed you’ve been shooting a bit of live stuff recently… Vans Warped, Steel Panther etc.

Would be interested to hear how you got onto those gigs and the issues you might have found while shooting these compared to your studio work. Being a concert photographer myself I’m interested to hear your thought on this kind of work and why it is you have started doing it yourself. Is it a continuation of your portfolio or simply personal work that you dig in between jobs?

Cheers,